Plant-based chocolate continues to grow
Join the plant-based trend for the whole year!
Concerns about animal welfare in food production and the perception that vegan chocolate is healthier impact market growth.
The vegan chocolate market is valued at USD 1.0 Bn in 2022 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.5% during the forecast period, to reach a value of USD 4.0 Bn by 2032. Newly released data from Future Market Insights market analysis shows that global vegan chocolate demand is projected to grow year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of 14.7% in 2022. (Future Market Insights,2022).
With this growth, many products need further differentiation to tap into relevant segments.
Our new formulation is perfect for consumers making environmentally driven consumption changes but also need to reduce sugar intake for health reasons.
The new 43% Oat M!lk Chocolate sweetened with erythritol and stevia combines the creaminess and subtle vanilla notes of Oat M!lk balanced with Cacao Fino de Aroma tones characteristic of our 43% Oat M!lk plant-based chocolate, has a fine mouthfeel and a good melting.
This chocolate has actual health benefits, as it's No-Added-Sugar, contains the natural sugar from the oat and rice powder; using alternative sweeteners to regular sugar, it contains less than 200 calories per 20g serving. The stevia is 100% natural and, combined with erythritol, helps prevent sugar-related dental problems; this combination also helps reduce the glycemic index's increase compared with regular-sugar chocolates. On the other hand, using a non-dairy alternative can be easier to digest and help with milk-related digestive issues.
In this blog post, you can find an idea of using this chocolate but get creative and try your recipes! This chocolate has many applications, including decorative figures, moulding, filling, and decorations.
PASSION FRUIT AND COCONUT SPONGE CAKE
- Liquid Aquafaba 116gr
- Erythritol 78gr
- Brown rice flour 128g
- Corn starch 24gr
- Almond flour 90g
- Grated coconut 60gr
- Baking powder 10gr
- Passion fruit pulp 92gr
- Coconut milk 154gr
- Whip the aquafaba in the mixer with the balloon attachment on medium speed for approximately 10 minutes, add the erythritol, and whip for 8 minutes until you obtain a smooth meringue.
- Mix in the rice flour, starch, almond flour, grated coconut, and baking powder.
- Mix the puree and the coconut milk and emulsify with the help of a mixer for at least 1 minute; add 2/3 parts of the previous mixture until a homogeneous texture is obtained.
- When the meringue is ready, incorporate the previous preparation with the rest of the powders, mixing gently with a rubber spatula in an enveloping way.
- Spread in a 33x23cm tray on a silicone mat and bake at 165°C for approximately 20 minutes.
- Set the cake aside.
MANGO & PASSION FRUIT MOUSE
- Inulin (1) 71gr
- Pectin Nh 12gr
- Mango puree 1366gr
- Vegan 43% chocolate with erythritol/Stevia 354gr
- Emulsifier soy lecithin powder 28gr
- Passion fruit juice 378g
- Soy protein 7g
- locust bean gum 7g
- Inulin (2) 118g
- Mix the inulin (1) with the pectin. Heat the mango puree to 30°C in a saucepan, stir with a whisk, and heat to 85°C, stirring constantly. Set aside and allow to cool to 40°C.
- Melt the plan-based 43% chocolate at 40°C, the soy lecithin, and the reserved mixture, emulsify for at least 1 minute, and cool to 35°C.
- Mix the passion fruit puree, the soy protein, and the locust bean gum with the help of a mixer; place in the mixer with the balloon whisk attachment and at medium-high speed, let it whip for 4 minutes; add the inulin (2) and continue beating for seven more minutes until you obtain a light meringue.
- When the meringue is ready, gradually add the previous preparation at 35°C to the mixer on low speed and finish mixing by hand in an encircling manner.
- Cut the passion fruit and coconut sponge cake with the help of a 7x4cm ring.
- Place a strip of acetate around each round at the bottom, then add the sponge cake cut to the same size.
- Place the mousse on top of the sponge cake and set aside for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Decorate with vegan43% chocolate figures and yellow fruits.